Robert E. Walter Memorial Scholarship
The Mackenzie Municipal Services Agency administers the Robert E. Walter Memorial Scholarship to financially assist students from the Mackenzie Region taking post-secondary school programs who plan to utilize their education in a career based in the Mackenzie region of northern Alberta.
One $500 scholarship per year.
- Must be a resident of the North Peace or Mackenzie Region in northern Alberta;
- Is a high school graduate who will be attending a post secondary education program; or is currently in the work force but will be attending a post secondary education program to upgrade skills.
- Agrees to obtain employment in the North Peace or Mackenzie Region for at least one year following graduation.
Student enrolled in studies leading towards working in local government will be given preference.
How to Apply:
- Follow the Application Guidelines in the brochure,
- Complete the application form and prepare your application package
- Submit to Mackenzie Municipal Services Agency by March 31.
The Scholarship Review Panel of MMSA members will review the applications and award the annual scholarship to the selected student.
Northern Alberta Development Bursary Partnership
The Town of Manning, in partnership with the Northern Alberta Development Council, is offering a $1,000.00 Bursary to a deserving Paul Rowe High School graduate who wishes to further their education. NADC will match the Towns grant to a qualifying applicant.
1. Student(s) must provide educational transcript
2. Student(s) must supply a written or typed resume which includes the following information:
* Work experience
* Community involvement and employment plans
* An outline showing how the bursary would benefit you in achieving your goals
3. Student(s) must fill out a Northern Alberta Development Bursary Partnership Application in full.
Applications must be submitted to:
Town of Manning
PO Box 125
Manning, AB T0H 2M0
#413 Main Street, Manning
Application deadline: July 15, 2020 @ 5:00pm